Hire Expert House Movers for Hassle-free House Removals in Dublin
Moving away to a new home is a life changing experience, and in the event you will chose Dublin Top Removals as your moving company, you can be certain that everything related to your moving needs will be implemented as planned in a secure and timely way and connect them at the particular places.
Affordable House Movers in Dublin
House Movers in Dublin
Ideally you should aim to complete the following tasks one month before your move:
- Get some boxes: We recommend the use of double ply boxes that can take heavy items packed on top of each other.
- Contact: Get in touch with any bank, loan, pension, savings and other companies as well as Inland Revenue and the Passport Office of your change of address.
- Packing Material: You can never have too much packing material. Securing boxes with extra packing material will cost you less in the long run than having to replace a broken item.
- Excavate: Go through each area of your property that is used for storage including garages, sheds, lofts, cellars/basements, spare rooms etc and clear out any unwanted items.
- Cars: Contact the Driving Office to transfer the registered keepers address, inform insurance, breakdown service. If you require a parking permit for your new residence, order one in advance.
- Gas and electricity: Notify your current suppliers of your move. You may also wish to check price comparison websites to see who is offering the cheapest deal in your new area.
- Labels: Make sure you have labels or marker pens at hand so that you can note the contents of each box, where it should be placed or who it belongs to.
- Water: Notify your supplier of your move and find out who supplies your new area.
- Telephone, fax, broadband and cable: If your house move is local then you may be able to keep the same telephone provider and phone number. It is always good to check whether your current provider(s) cover the new area.
- TV license: Don’t forget to notify the license provider of your move.
- Doctors, dentists, opticians, schools: Update your contact information and inform of any insurances you may have taken out related to your move.
- Make sure to inform your friends, family and work place of your new contact information.
Avoid going food shopping until you have completely emptied your fridge/freezer!
A few weeks prior to your moving date, you may wish to go through some the above transfers with the existing residents of your new home.
In the final weeks leading up to your house removal:
- Make your keys readily available for your sale or letting agent. Check that you possess all the keys to your new home including any keys for doors, windows, padlocks, sheds etc. Request the details of any existing alarm systems.
- Always keep your valuables and important documents in a safe place. Preferably carry them on your person or pack them separately from other items. Other useful items to carry with you are:
- Cleaning spray(s) and kitchen towels
- A torch and/or light bulbs
- Bottles of water
- Toilet rolls
- Rubbish bags and anti-bacterial wipes
- A small selection of tools, such as a screwdriver to remove and replace your door locks
- Mobile, laptop, home phone…. chargers
- Hand wash, shower gel, toothbrushes and toothpaste, towels
- And of course a kettle and tea, coffee….